Saturday 21 October 2017

Hugh And Cry

Apologies for my belated review of At The Races tipster, Hugh Taylor.

I cut it short after two months as it was my opinion he was never going to get back into the Black, given another month of tips.

Saying that, he did finish September with five winners in his last 17 bets, including a 20/1 winner (13.46 BSP), and by all accounts started October in decent form.

As you can see from the results on the spreadsheet, the difference between Betfair SP and his advised prices is astronomical, and as I keep saying, unless you're ultra quick, have the time to monitor his website, and most importantly, have complete access to all bookmakers and BOG's, then I'm sure you can't turn a profit following Hugh's tips.

In fact I had a private conversation with the guy who runs this Blog http://www.fulltimebettingblog.com/ who has followed Hugh's tips a lot longer than me and he claims if you can't get on at least 80% of the recommended prices, it won't be profitable.

Which pretty much sums up what I believe. You might strike lucky and follow Hugh during one of his good spells. Apparently I followed in his worst period in several years.
You might hit a 20/1 winner, but long term, especially the way bookies treat punters with closing accounts or restricting stakes or not allowing BOG, then I fear you'll not turn in a profit.

If anyone is following Hugh, or has any views, feel free to leave a message.

Full results: Results Spreadsheet

No comments:

Post a Comment